In the summer of 2012 our founder Jonathan Gomez, better known by his nickname “Jomez”, competed in the Amateur Disc Golf World Championships. After his round, he decided to film the final nine holes of the professional lead card. He unwittingly founded JomezPro on the spot.
Five years later he convinced his childhood friends, Michael and Jerry, to quit their steady jobs and produce Disc Golf coverage full time. Since then, eight others have joined bringing the crew to eleven full and part time members!
The JomezPro youtube channel is up there for me. Those guys are so insanely good at what they’re doing I’m mind-blown every time! I love being on JomezPro, making their lead card coverage is always my goal.
The Upshot Podcast, JANUARY 29, 2020
JomezPro is the voice of Disc Golf.
JomezPro’s tireless work ethic and professionalism have always impressed us. They help elevate events, and they have a loyal following that grows by the day. We couldn’t be more happy to have them on the lead group all season. They’ve earned it.
What is a "Jomez"?
Jomez (pronounced JOE-MEZ) was the nickname given to Jonathan by his co-workers at a summer camp that he worked at with his brother in 2007. Everyone called his older brother Chris, “Gomez”, so they used “Jomez” as a way to differentiate the two.
- Jonathan Gomez, Founder, CEO, CFO, & Managing Partner
- Michael Fouché, Senior Touring Content Editor
- Jerry Gomez, Senior Touring Camera Operator
- Kevin Thomma, Tour Manager / Touring Camera Operator, Editor
- Christina Lee, Social Media Manager & Graphic Designer
- Chris Gomez, Merchandising Manager
- Jesse Wells, Web Developer & eComm Ops Manager
- Ryan Dach, Merchandise Fulfillment
- Brian Guice, Touring Camera Operator / Graphics Editor, Content Producer
- Ryan Vanderburg, Touring Content Producer
- Josh Eisengruber, Touring Camera Operator / Editor
- Wing Ko, Touring Camera Operator / Graphics Editor
- Juan Garcia, CMO and Managing Partner